Where most lateral files are designed to accommodate both A4 and foolscap papers, the 2D A4 file is designed exclusively for A4 paperwork.
As foolscap papers are uncommon here in Australia, we decided to offer a slightly smaller file for one simple reason: a smaller file means more files in the same space.
Since 2D A4 files are only 320mm long, you can keep them on shallow shelves. This makes them a great solution for smaller spaces where deeper shelving could encroach on walkways and work spaces.
Just like the standard 2D file, the 2D A4 is recyclable and features our unique easy-to-index spine. Clear labeling and an efficient index are absolute necessities when managing physical data. So, just like the spine of a book, the spine of the 2D A4 file faces out from your shelf. When combined with our clear, vibrant and colour coded labels, this creates a great looking, organized system. It also splits even the largest filing systems into smaller, easier to manage chunks, which makes finding the right file quick and easy.
It’s just a little bit smaller.
The 2D A4 file provides storage for up to 200 A4-sized sheets of paper, and can be combined with accessories such as tube clips for your convenience.
- The unique flap on the front edge wraps around the file contents, protecting documents from damage
- Flap greatly enhances the visibility of file labels, serving as a book mark
- Flap is specially marked to guide placement of alpha/numeric and index labels
- Scored spine and expandable gusset allow the file to expand as needed
- Used in a wide variety of lateral filing applications including static shelving, mobile shelving and tambour door cabinets
- Fasteners can be installed into the file for further security of documents
- Available in 2 spine widths – 30 mm and 50 mm (code for 50mm variant is 2D A4 EXTRA)
- Great for heavy weight documents requiring tab and title visibility
Accommodates papers of the following sizes (or smaller)
Stores up to 200 sheets of 80gsm paper
Once folded into shape, 2D A4 files are 320mm long and 248mm tall. They are 2mm wide when empty and 30mm wide when full.
Please be aware that our reorder codes have changed over time.
New 2D A4 Files use the alphanumeric re-order code F2DA4, but older stock may display the following numeric reorder code(s):