Information is a vital business asset, and the 2D File is the perfect solution for managing printed information.
Whilst there are many solutions available for managing digital information, there are far fewer well-designed solutions for physical records. That is why we designed a versatile filing system that makes managing physical records easy and cost-effective at any scale.
The 2D File is the cornerstone of that filing system.
The 2D File is a recyclable and easy to use lateral file, but what really makes it unique is the easy-to-index spine. Clear labeling and an efficient index are absolute necessities when managing physical data. Just like the spine of a book, the spine of the 2D file faces out from your shelf. When combined with our clear, vibrant and colour coded labels, this creates a great looking, organized system. It also splits even the largest filing systems into smaller, easier to manage chunks. This makes finding the right file quick and easy.
The 2D File is designed to expand only as required for the smallest possible footprint. When empty, these files take up a mere 2mm on your shelf. When full, the 2D File can accommodate up to 200 sheets of 80gsm paper. We also offer a range of accessories, such as paper fasteners and tube clips, which allow these affordable files to replace larger, more expensive ring binders.
We want to prove that managing records can be cost-effective and easy. So if you have any questions about the 2D File or our system in general, please feel free to contact us. We’re happy to answer any questions you may have.
- The unique flap on the front edge wraps around the file contents, protecting documents from damage
- Flap greatly enhances the visibility of file labels, serving as a book mark
- Flap is specially marked to guide placement of alpha/numeric and index labels
- Scored spine and expandable gusset allow the file to expand as needed
- The 2D File can be used in a wide variety of lateral filing applications including static shelving, mobile shelving and tambour door cabinets
- Fasteners can be installed into the file for further security of documents
- Available in 2 spine widths – 30 mm and 50 mm (code for 50mm variant is 2D EXTRA)
- Great for heavy weight documents requiring tab and title visibility
Accommodates papers of the following sizes (or smaller)
Stores up to 200 sheets of 80gsm paper
Once folded into shape, 2D files are 367mm long and 242mm tall. They are 2mm wide when empty and 30mm wide when full.
Please be aware that our reorder codes have changed over time.
New 2D Files use the alphanumeric re-order code F2D, but older stock may display the following numeric reorder code(s):